The Paris-Bombay Preview



The Paris-Bombay Preview




Paris-Bombay collection was Karl’s nod to the amazing Indian embroidery houses recreated through Chanel's couture houses. In fact, Karl has never been to India but channelled the motifs through Coco and was able to have a poetic view of the culture. 'It's much more inspiring not to go to places than to go' says Karl Lagerfeld.. Umm, ok Karl. Its how I travel on a shoestring anyway! :P This collection inspires so many modern ideas to my bollywood bling bridal trousseau hating self! Its just my style - much less flesh and much more opulence. Dreadlocks with maang tikkas. Chain mail gloves with ornate embroidery. The plan is to recreate many of these outfits with whats available in local markets (I spy many fabrics that I've already bookmarked on Commercial street in Bangalore) with local embroiders so getting through this wedding/festive season will be a breeze. This is just a tiny preview to the collection - I highly recommend watching it in 1080p for the tiny details, so what if I couldn't be in the lavish Grand Palais among its hand picked guests, feasting and devouring the collection alongside Sonam Kapoor and Frieda Pinto? There is always HD. I'll be posting detail shots of the clothing and jewellery in the next couple of posts :)