-Gen. Description: Follows Harry's 4th year at Hogwarts. When he is chosen as the 4th champion in the Triwizard Tournment, it raises some questions; did he put his name in there or did someone else?
-Made in 2005, directed by Mike Newell
-Filming began early in 2004 at Leavesden Film Studios, which is 18 miles northwest of central London
-This movie was not intended for young audiences as it shows very frightening images of people being killed, people being hurt, a little romance here and there, dragons, etc. Better for teens and young adults, and is also more dark than the others and considered to be one of the better film adaptations of the book
-Harry dreams of an older gentleman named Frank Bryce, who overhears a conversation that Lord Voldermort is having, discussing plans with Peter Pettigrew and Barty Crouch Jr. Bryce is killed when he is discovered by Voldemort. This wakes Harry up suddenly, and he sees Hermione nearby, and she tells him that she just arrived so they can all go to the Quidditch World Cup together. Harry and Ron's family meet up with Cedric Diggory(Robert Pattinson) and his da and they all go together. The Quidditch World Cup allows Harry to put his mind at ease that is until followers of Voldemort, called Death Eaters, show up and cause terror.
-Soon, Barty Crouch Sr. is found dead by Harry after the 2nd task. While waiting in Dumbledore's office, his curiosity leads him to the Pensieve, which is a magical device which allows someone to almost rewatch a memory. He stands witness to a trial by the Wizengamot, the magic wizard court, in which he sees the leader of Durmstrang, Igor Karkaroff, standing trial as part of the Death Eaters. He also says that Severus Snape and Barty Crouch J. are Death Eaters.
-The 3rd task to find the Triwizard Cup in the middle of a hedge maze. Viktor Krum, under a curse, attacks Fleur and attempts to do the same to Cedric. Harry stops him and Cedric is grbbaed by vines. Harry frees him and they both get to the cup together. They discover the cup is a Portkey, transporting the 2 to a graveyard. Voldemort is waiting for Harry, and Pettigrew performs a ritual that summons Voldemort and the Death Eaters, including Malfoy's dad, Lucius. A fight then occurs between Harry and Voldemort and Harry wins it out, seeing the ghost of his parents and Cedric, who Voldemort has killed with the Killing Curse. When he returns to the hedge maze, everyone is cheering until one girl screams at the sight of Cedric's dead body.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, the film's main protagonist.
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, one of Harry's best friends.
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, Harry's other best friend.
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper, and good friend of Harry Potter.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort, the film's main antagonist.
- Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore, the Hogwarts Headmaster.
- Brendan Gleeson as Alastor Moody, the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.
- Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy's father and one of Voldemort's minions.
- Gary Oldman as Sirius Black who appears for a brief expository scene in a fireplace in the Gryffindor common room. His role is reduced significantly from the book.
- Miranda Richardson as Rita Skeeter, a journalist for The Daily Prophet.
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape, the Potions master and Head of Slytherin.
- Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall, the Transfiguration teacher and Head of Gryffindor.
- Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew, a servant of Voldemort who betrayed Harry Potter's parents.
- Frances de la Tour as Olympe Maxime, the Headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Hagrid's romantic interest.