Christmas!!

When I was younger, I used to just absolutely adore Christmas. Mainly because of the magic of Santa Claus coming down the chimney or in my old house, probably through the front door, not about the gifts, being with family, etc. But I have a feeling this Christmas will be quite different, considering my dad won't be here, to make it special. Over the past few years, I've been getting less into the Christmas or holiday mood, not because of the loss of my dad, but because of the sheer greed. It seems that every year, people get greedier. What they need to realize is that Christmas is not about how much you spend, how much the gifts are worth, how much you can get, diamonds, pricey Cadillacs, pricey cars in general, expensive game systems, expensive laptop computers, or any of that expensive garbage. It's about showing your loved ones you care about them, spending time with them and being together and if you went to Sunday school when you were younger, you'll also realize that Christmas is about the birth of Christ. For crying out loud, it's even in the name for those who don't pick up on it. That's what my dad always said, it's in the name, what Christmas is about, the birth of Christ.  I just hope it gets easier as time goes on. I know there will be times when it fully hits me that my dad is gone and other times not so much. But I figure my dad will be spending Christmas with God and Jesus this year, along with my grandparents. And if he is looking down, I'll be looking up, saying "Merry Christmas Dad"

Christmas Trees
"Hey kid, help me pick up my ornaments. Those stupid cats have been here"


Decorations


Pictures

Christmas Cookies



Nativity Scenes

Scottish Terrier nativity scene



Cards



Santa Claus Dogs. Why are things somehow funnier or cuter if a dog is involved?