Rihanna Channels Big Bird and We're Terrified

Rihanna is my girl because she has an amazing voice and exudes this crazy strong feminine aura. Killer confidence, that's what she's got. And that confidence is the same reason she can wear things like this feathery getup out in public.
Unfortunately, just because she can put on this ensemble and not feel like an aquamarine cousin of Big Bird doesn't mean she doesn't look like like one.
The singer peacocked her way into London's House of Fraser for the launch of her new perfume, Reb'l Fleur. And while I love her gold accessories and nude Louboutin pumps, I can't help but wonder if this outlandish outfit is a scary preview of more to come.
But I digress.
Recently, Rihanna's been rocking some crazy costumes. Let me rephrase that. It's more about what she hasn't been wearing. On tour, she was recently photographed by the masses wearing a scandalous neon high-waisted bikini bottom and top. And then, just last week, the paparazzi caught her in at home in Barbados wearing next to nothing (and even, once, a headdress!) on more than one occasion. She's expressing herself. I appreciate that. But there's a difference between self-expression and just absolute ridiculousness. I hope this weird phase comes full circle.
Even the most beautiful people can look horrible in the wrong clothes. Take this morning's cerulean outfit, for example. Her hair-styling is gorgeous and screams old Hollywood glamour. But I can hardly appreciate her beautiful features with that furry frock overpowering her. I can't possibly fathom how a woman with her good taste could think it looks pretty.
What I will say, though, is I bet she's super comfortable. It's sort of like going out wearing your (very expensive) bedspread.